Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What's your favorite "stuck bolt" removal process?

I got a can of Kroil years ago. I didn't use it enough to
know if it worked any better or worse than other products.
Many folks says it does.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Buerste" wrote in message

I used to buy Kroil in 15 gal drums to use as a wire lube.
It would creep
into 3" dia bundles of cut steel wire very quickly. If left
alone, it would
evaporate and leave the perfect surface finish to make it
flow into the wire
brush machines. If we didn't let it dry due to time
constraints we would
work corn starch into the bundles. I convinced the wire
mills to use Kroil
in their drawing processes and after tempering so my wire
and all the mills'
output is pre-Kroiled. Kano should send me a BIG check,
these guys use
truck loads of Kroil.

So, we always had plenty of Kroil around for stuck
fasteners. A hot
fastener and Kroil has yet to fail to come apart.