Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snow-shovel; snow sticks to it: how to make slippery?

I read this after my post. Honest! I hadn't thought of the
candle wax, though.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RobertPatrick" wrote in message

Try some things from the kitchen: Cooking spray (Pam),
cooking oil from a
bottle rubbed on with a paper towel. Try some candle wax.
I don't mean to
burn it and drip it on, but use as you would ski wax. How
about small
machine oil, like you might use for a sewing machine.
Perhaps auto/engine
oil and rub it on the shovel with a rag. Do all this prep in
a protected
area so the stuff doesn't freeze before it hits the shovels.
Then set the
shovel outside to cool before you begin to use it. The snow
will stick
less than when it's warm.

Good luck! And now you know what we deal with a lot on
upstate WNY.
Great Lakes and Finger Lakes area.

Look at the thing I just googled. Looks like fun. Maybe the
kids will want
to "play" and they can do all the shoveling. lol.
http://www.wovel.com/