Posted to alt.home.repair
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default Snow-shovel; snow sticks to it: how to make slippery?

"David Combs" wrote in message
Here I am 10 miles north of NYC, and we're in the middle
of (so they say) one heck of a snowstorm.

I've been out shoveling.

Problem: Snow sticks to the shovel, maybe 2 (3?) inches of it.

Sticks so securely that you can't "jerk" it off
by thrusting the shovel out horizontally and jerking
it back, with (hopefully) the snow left hanging
in the air before THUMP hitting the ground.

Rather, have to turn it sideways, and then (not too
hard; don't want to break it!) hitting its left or
right edge against something hard (eg sidewalk, street).

QUESTION: what can I do to make it slippery enough that
the snow doesn't stick?

I've thought of ski-wax, but neither I nor my neighbors
have any.

Good ole wd-40? (Works for EVERYTHING ELSE (except maybe
for drinking))

Ideas?

(Nope, can't drive to home depot til maybe Monday (too much snow))

Thanks!

David

Armour All is the slickist thing I know of. Don't EVER use it on a
motorcycle seat. Don't ask how I know this (G) ww