Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT range report that very few readers will find of interest

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 22:02:53 -0500, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at
PTD dot NET wrote:

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 22:09:41 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:26:51 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

Gunner, we don't regard .380 as a poodle-shooter round because we've
never encountered a poodle we wanted to shoot. We like dogs. As for
predators, pick a nostril or eye from which you'd shrug a .380 hit.

Think you can hit one thats moving fast and attached to someone trying
to kill you?

If you can..you are golden.

Gunner, who would rather punch a couple 230gr Silvertips into center of
mass and be the last man standing

It's time to remember Flim-flam from rec.guns who used a .25 to do
exactly what Don was saying. The link was from a different group,
but it's the same message I remember.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=39761

RWL

Ayup...he was stuck on the end of a ninja sword, held by a nutcase..who
was then shot 4 times in the face at contact range by a .25...

Think that sort of thing is going to happen with any regularity?

As Flim Flam indicated..he brain locked and passed up the tools he
should have used

"To give you an idea how much the mind goes during something like this--
I passed up my Beretta 92 lying on my reloading bench all ready to go,
with one up the pipe. I passed up an AK all loaded up by the door. I
didn't have time to get to my 870 in the 'ready rack' ( yeah, right) all
ready to go. Couldn't make it to my AR all ready to go. There were a lot
of things around the store that I couldn't just place my hands upon."

Think you are going to be connected to the guy trying to kill you by the
length of the sword stuck in your guts, with any great regularlity?

Shrug...hey...carry what you want. Its YOUR life, not mine.

Though Im curious..anyone know any law enforcement agencies who issue
..25s or .380s to street cops as their primary arm? And why not?

And which branch of the US military does the same?

Ill be waiting with interest.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.