Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Source for a very short length of stainless wire?

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher
saying something like:

A model shop.

Not at that thinness no.

Depends on the skill of the model shop builder.

I fail to see how the skill of the guy who built the shop has any
bearing on the gauge of wire stocked. I am telling you, that you wont
find that gauge in a model shop. That's all.

ALL piano wire with almost no exceptions, in mode;l shops, comes from here

http://www.jperkinsdistribution.co.u...main=Materials

and 22 thou is as small as it gets.

Whereas guitar strings are certainly available in 10 thou, usually 9 or
8 thou and I have seen 7 thou. You need something that good for the top
G on a 12 string. Or its impossibly highly stressed.