Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Rethinking "Made in China"

On Dec 19, 8:28*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
Zootal wrote:
"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
*Swingman wrote:

Jules wrote:

They'll build what they're paid to build, no more and no less. There
are
talented folk there, same as anywhere else
They are excellent copy cats, but there is NOTHING like European
engineering for built-in quality, from handsaws and screwdrivers, to
spaceships.
The Europeans have yet to make a reliable car.
Lookie what I just tripped over. A 4 wheeled self propelled British
bonfire. **snicker*

http://tinyurl.com/y8jrrhf

TDD
Odd then that I've had German cars as my daily drivers from roughly 1998
up until four years ago (when I got a company car.) *I miss my cheap
German beaters, much higher quality and fewer annoyances than the brand
new American cars I've been driving since.

Still have the last of the beaters, a Porsche 944. *If you told me I had
to be halfway across the country as soon as possible, I'd prefer to drive
that over the two year old Impala that shares driveway space with it.
(today, that would be an even easier choice as I have snow tires on the
Porsche but crappy all-seasons on the Impala)

nate

I used to work for a Peugeot dealer many years ago. Peugeots were not too
bad, for European made cars. They actually had quite a few American parts in
them. The power steering pumps were Saginaws, right out of Michigan. We ship
them to France, the French paint Peugeot on them and they then cost three
times as much. Go figure.Their diesel engines will self-destruct if you over
heat them even once, but they will last a long time otherwise. Their gas
engine cars are pigs - absolute pigs. The gas powered 604 was a disastor.