Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT range report that very few readers will find of interest

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Sat, 19 Dec 2009 18:14:47 -0800 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 17:43:03 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 00:47:20 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 01:26:51 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

Gunner, we don't regard .380 as a poodle-shooter round because we've
never encountered a poodle we wanted to shoot. We like dogs. As for
predators, pick a nostril or eye from which you'd shrug a .380 hit.
Think you can hit one thats moving fast and attached to someone trying
to kill you?

If you can..you are golden.

Gunner, who would rather punch a couple 230gr Silvertips into center of
mass and be the last man standing

I hate being called "Golden", but yes, it's just a matter of focus.

Run a Hogans Alley course recently? Id love to see the video.
Simunitions and return fire of course.

Gunner

Nope. I've never done that.

But I've been through quite a few live fire fights.
Of course, those were with an M-60, not a pop gun...

Then Ill hold off on calling you Golden. Its much different being in a
firefight up close and personal with a handgun, than having a running
firefight armed with a ****load of 7.62 and a hose.

Its hard enough to focus well enough to hit the bad guy with your
single trigger squeeze...but to hit him in the face, heart etc etc....

Shrug....been there, done that, both in the Machine and on the street.

As I said..Ill stick with something big enough that even a marginal hit
will cause him/them to stop shooting back.

Damned shame they dont make an expanding 12ga that fits in your back
pocket until needed.

EG One with terminal guidance. Like the Dum-dums Eddie had in his
gat in _Who Shot Roger Rabbit?_ Yeah, smart bullets ... that's the
ticket.

That ought to be easier to use than the 24/7 overwatch and
protection detail.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!