Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best way to clean a diesel engine oil leak on an aggregate driveway.

Driveway Woes wrote:
Please help! My diesel truck leaked oil on the driveway of my new
house. The driveway has stones mixed in with concrete on the surface
and it's been sealed.

I took some paper towels right away to it to blot out the leak, but
the discoloration is still there. I'm told I can hire someone to try
to get that out, but I thought I'd try to clean it myself first.

Can someone please recommend some cleaning solutions I can try on it?
I've been told Spray Nine and even some brake cleaner with newspaper.
Is there a surefire method of getting something like out on a driveway
like this? TIA!

I've used a dried clay granule product known as "oil dry" it's about
the same thing as kitty litter and I've used them interchangeably.
You cover the area with a layer of the stuff and you can grind it in
with your foot or stiff bristle push broom, let it sit overnight,
sweep or vacuum it up and reapply until the oil is soaked up. It works
best when kept dry and the driveway is dry, it's very absorbent and
can be used for all sorts of spills, especially if some sort of
petroleum product is involved. Some folks even leave a layer under
their car in their garage.

TDD