Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Cherry/walnut kitchen table and 4 chairs

The table is on a trestle base and expands with an 18" leaf. Like
other projects, I did not work from any plans. I only built 4
chairs, however, and wish I'd built a couple more for when the
table was expanded. The table and chairs had no metal fasteners
used in construction; the leaf was positioned with dowels.

The chair seats and backs were cut on the bandsaw using a jig I
built to cut a large radius. The backs were glue-ups of walnut
and cherry, where the seat centers were just walnut with a
rounded-over cherry surround. The individual seat pieces were
first glued up and then drilled and doweled together for strength.
Those dowels don't show on the photos, but were hidden by the
rounded over seat surround, which itself is doweled in place.
Structural dowels were of hand turned Hickory for strength.

The primary wood of the table and chair seat/back was cherry. The
legs of the chairs, trestle base for the table and a band
separating the edge from the top were walnut. The finish for all
was poly modified Tung oil. No stain was used, other than the fire
brought out by the Tung oil, which is seen in the photos. I built
several other kitchen pieces to match, which I'll post later.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Attached Thumbnails
Cherry/walnut kitchen table and 4 chairs-k_table-jpg  Cherry/walnut kitchen table and 4 chairs-mki-desk-mgt-jpg  Cherry/walnut kitchen table and 4 chairs-mki-table-chairs-2-jpg