Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Volkswagens (was Rethinking "Made in China")

On 2009-12-18, HeyBub wrote:

As long as we're bragging, my 1970 Ford Custom got 9mph.

Weirdest deal was my '91 Ford Econoline 150 van with 4.9L straight 6
w/ fuel injection and overdrive. When I lived in CA, near sea level,
the best I could avg was 18-19mpg babying the go pedal to keep it
below 62mph. Moved to CO (where the van was originally sold) and I
could get 23-24mpg running at 70-75mph. Go figure. Too bad I put it
into a tree on the outside of an icy turn.

nb