Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Chrysler engines

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 08:38:28 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:
wrote:

Some of the best cars I ever owned were early Mopars. I've owned 53,
57, 63, 69, 74, 76, 85, 88, and now a 2002.

A real glutton for punishment I see.

Lew

Meh? My ideal driveway for "drive it forever" cars would be filled with
50's Studebakers, 60's MoPars, and 80's VWs.

Sadly, IMHO cars hve gone downhill since the 80's in terms of durability
and user serviceability.

nate

Definitely downhill on serviceability, but thankfully they require a
lot less.
As far as durability? Yes, the old ones took more punishment - but
with minimal care, the new ones will outlast the old ones. No carbs to
screw up (or screw around with) No points to wear ot burn, stainless
exhausts and no phosphourous in the gas means mufflers and pipes often
last the life of the car - and rack and pinion steering means no
sloppy worn out steering boxes, idler arms, and pitman arms.

But yes, a Stude Golden Hawk, a '55 Chrysler 300, an early Paxon
Avanti, a 1953 or 54 Coronet Sierra and a matching Coronet Coupe, a
1966 Plymouth GTX, a '64 Fury convertible, a 69 SC Rambler,and a 68
AMX would all be in "the stable" for me. Oh - and a '53 starliner
coupe.
With perhaps a 55-56 T-Bird and a GT350 Shelby, and possibly a 59-61
Vette.