Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - budgets

Huge wrote:
On 2009-12-18, Tim W wrote:
Huge
wibbled on Friday 18 December 2009 14:43

OK. so back to TimW's point. Can they kindly bet/trade with their own
money and not use savings I have entrusted to the banks.
And where do you imagine the interest the bank pays you on your savings
come from?

From lending my money to its other customers via bank loans and mortgages,
both potentially relatively safe if the bank sticks with basic tried and
tested rules.

And how many utility savers have lost money in the current banking crisis?

every one. To the tune of £5k per head that will have to be clawed back
somehow.

From those that can pay. Those that cant, wont have to of course.

Willy Nilly, Gordon has made us all shareholders in bankrupt banks.

Little Granny Smith with her life savings in a few % ordinary savings
account expects security and reliability.

And that's exactly what she's got.