Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Snowblower Storage - Is this Safe?

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:42:37 -0800, Kate wrote:

I hate to store it outside due to the elements, but am wondering if this
could be a fire hazard when storing it inside the shed? The only thing
I store in the shed is two lawnmowers, Christmas decorations, rakes,
fertilizer, etc. I do have electrical outlets up high that I use for
lights, radio, etc.

I tend to be a worrier and don't want to burn the place down, so I
wanted to ask: Is this safe?

Many thanks.

Kate

It was 1963 and there are a lot more plastics now than there used to
be, but I put some gasoline in a disposable plastic bowl then, one
that came with food in it, and the gas dissolved the plastic. It
turned it into a puddle of plastic. Maybe fumes ccould damage your
xmas decorations??? Mine was translucent white stuff.

OT, sort of. Did you know that if you put rubber things on a
varnished (I think) dresser, the varnish will eat up the rubber?
This was a dresser that was 20 or 40 years old, and some swimming
goggles. I've seen it happen other times too.