Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Chrysler engines

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:51:18 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote:

The secret was to carry an extra "dual ballast resistor" in the
glove
box for all the Mopars with the electronic ignition. I had several
go out and it was a 10 minute or less repair job.

The real secret is not to get involved with a Chrysler POS.

Lew

Some of the best cars I ever owned were early Mopars. I've owned 53,
57, 63, 69, 74, 76, 85, 88, and now a 2002.

The 69 was likely the best.

The 63 was a 170 slant six automatic Valiant done to the nines - went
like stink, idled poorly, and liked it's gas. The 69 was a 225
automatic, not as highly tuned. Not as fast, and not as thirsty.

The '74 was also a 225 automatic, basically stock - a 25mpg highway
car.

The 76 was a 318 Ramcharger - need I say more?? The 85 was a 2.6 Mitsu
that I rebuilt - engine was still running 8 years later (in another
car).

The 88 was a 3.0 Mitsu - it had 3 sets of heads over it's 240,000km
lifespan before I sold it - still running and looking fantastic at 18
years of age.

The 2002 is a PT Cruiser.

The 57 was a 261 Flathead 6 in a Fargo Pickup. The 53 was a 241 Red
Ram Hemi in a Coronet Sierra 2 door wagon - sure wish I still had that
one!!!!!