Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Chrysler engines

On 2009-12-18, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Interesting idea. I've used heavier oils, or STP oil
treatment.

The old-timer's trick was to change to paraffin-based oil. It would
slow the leak and any smoking way down. This was always a last ditch
solution to an old tired engine needing rebuild cuz it would sludge up
an engine beyond belief and could never return to reg oils. I doubt
you can even find/buy paraffin-based oil, anymore.

nb

Quaker state and Pennzoil are still made from parrafin base stock I
believe. Perhaps not exclusively, but Pensylvania crude is parrafin.