Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snowblower Storage - Is this Safe?

Tecumseh carbs use a needle and seat, to allow gas into the
float bowl. If there is dirt in the needle / seat, the
gasoline can flow into the carb, and out the air cleaner.

(Voice of experience.)

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news Kate wrote:
I have had two guys look at it. No luck. When I called
the company
they said the entire carburetor would need to be taken a
part again.
Apparently there is dirt affecting the needle. Not sure
what this all
means, but I am taking it back on January 4th. Ugh!

"Dirt" affecting the "needle" won't make a carb leak.

Still, I'm reminded of a cartoon where an auto mechanic is
showing a part
taken from a doctor's Mercedes to the owner. The mechanic is
saying:
"There's a lot we still don't understand about
carburetors..."