Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snowblower Storage - Is this Safe?

I'd rather be safe, in a moment like this. The inside of the
motor housing is probably wet wtih gas, and full of fumes.

When looking into the gas tank, use a flash light not a
candle. (smile here).

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Hustlin' Hank" wrote in message
On Dec 18, 5:07�pm, Kate wrote:

It is an electric start. �I will move it outside.
�Thanks.-

Whimp! It is only leaking 2 tablespoons a day. That isn't
much at all.
Gas vaporates VERY rapidly. 2 tablespoons would burn ( in
the slim
chance it cought fire) so quickly that nothing else would be
affected.
Put a wide mouth glass jar under it to catch the gas. The
wide mouth
will let it evaporate quicker. Hell, a saucer might even be
better.
You won't have any problems.

In regards to the leak. They probably didn't clean your carb
correctly
or they didn't clean your fuel system (gas tank and lines).
If dirt
got inside your carb, there is dirt/rust in your tank or
some foreign
material in your tank. when you get the carb cleaned again,
make sure
they clean the whole system. Look inside your tank a the
bottom, is
there rust? Debris? Anything but gas?

Hank