Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

Default Snowblower Storage - Is this Safe?

I just got my snowblower back for repairs. It had a blocked carburetor.

Two days after I got it home I noticed it was leaking gas/oil. This is
a two-cycle machine. Even after using it, it still leaks.

I called the company who worked on it, and they are closed until
January 4th.

Until I can get it in for repairs, I have moved the machine from my
garage to my medium-sized shed. The gas fumes were entering my home.

The blower is leaking about a tablespoon of gas a day. Hopefully, it
will soon be empty.

I hate to store it outside due to the elements, but am wondering if this
could be a fire hazard when storing it inside the shed? The only thing
I store in the shed is two lawnmowers, Christmas decorations, rakes,
fertilizer, etc. I do have electrical outlets up high that I use for
lights, radio, etc.

I tend to be a worrier and don't want to burn the place down, so I
wanted to ask: Is this safe?

Many thanks.

Kate