Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] news@jecarter.us is offline

Default OT? Where is "address book" in my cell phone.

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 19:25:15 -0500, mm
wrote:

OT? Where is "address book" in my cell phone?

I had assumed that the "address book" data for my cell phone was
actually in my cell phone, in the SIMM card or some other memory area.

But when I turn on the phone and go straight to address book, it often
says to wait. Then the light goes off and I push some button and it
still says to wait, and again. If it takes so long to get it, does
that mean it's at the wireless offices? It seems to take a while
sometimes even when I have 4 or 5 bars signal strength. OTOH,
sometimes it's there immediately, I think.

I have a Motorola phone on, I think, the Cingulary/AT&T network. I
would think it's the same for all phones and all networks, right?

Thanks

Depends on the phone and the network. My ancient Nokia (Verizon) had
the phonebook on the device - ready instantly. My wife's Motorola
(either T-Mobile or AT&T) has to be on a while to get the phonebook.

When my new Motorola (AT&T) is finally activated sometime tomorrow,
I'll find out what it does.

The only solution to "wait" for the phonebook is to eep the phone on
all the time - meaning that you need a charger at home, at work, and
in the car...

John