The Other James

Default HF brad nailer quality?

TT wrote:

Harbor Freight has their 18 ga brad nailer on sale for $20 until
Christmas Eve. Granted, 20 bucks is not much to risk, but I was
wondering if anyone had any feedback on how well it works? My plan is
to use it to attach some cedar paneling to closet walls and I figure
to get thru the paneling + sheetrock and into the wall studs will take
about a 2" brad, which I think is the limit of this particular nailer.
Comments?

TT

I have the cheap brad nailer and the 1/4" crown stapler. I love them
both. They are almost, not quite as good as my dad's Senco nail gun, but
they cost 1/10th the price. My next planned purchse will be the HF
equivalent to the Senco LS-5 which shoots finish nails up to 2". I'll be
buying it as soon as I see it on sale.