Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Hal Murray Hal Murray is offline

Default Removing automotive door panels - Serendipity

In article ,
Jim Thompson /Snicker writes:
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 14:15:47 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I've got 2001 pick-em-up truck (Frontier) on which a door lock has
failed... can lock/unlock with the key, lock from the interior, but
not unlock.

I remember such a thing happening years ago on another vehicle... $4
part, $50 labor :-(

I can't figure out how you remove the interior door panel to get at
stuff :-(

Last Thursday (a week ago) son-in-law-to-be asks to borrow my truck so
he can pick up a dishwasher. Will return it on Sunday.

Yesterday, when son-in-law-to-be returned the truck, he had repaired
the door, changed oil and filter, rotated the tires, fixed the spare,
adjusted the rear brakes, fixed a minor drip from the rear-end AND...
filled up the tank!

So how did he get the door panel off?