Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Chrysler engines

I've also done timing with the doghouse off. Wasn't that a
bit hot, with all the hot blast from the radiator coming
into the passenger compartment?

Yep, good old WD. I found the ground on the ignition module
troublesome.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

On 2009-12-18, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

318 was a pain, I may still have my 12 point distributor
wrench. 9/16 was it?

Depends on the vehicle. I had a 318 in a 74 van. When the
weather
became very hot (100+), specially after they took the lead
out of gas,
it would ping badly going up a grade. I timed it by
removing the
engine shroud, loosening the distibutor clamp nut, and
adjusting the
distributor until the pinging ceased. All this while
driving up said
grade, the distributor being a within easy reach of my right
hand.

I remember my Mopars being very moisture sensetive. Even
knowing the module ground and all, somtimes they just
didn't
want to start if there was some humidity around. Or rain
the
day before.

I had this happen once. I removed the distibutor cap and
saw it was
literally dripping moisture. I liberally sprayed it and the
points
with WD40 and reassembled. Fired right up. The WD stands
for water
displacement.

nb