Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Chrysler engines

notbob wrote:
On 2009-12-18, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Interesting idea. I've used heavier oils, or STP oil
treatment.

The old-timer's trick was to change to paraffin-based oil. It would
slow the leak and any smoking way down. This was always a last ditch
solution to an old tired engine needing rebuild cuz it would sludge up
an engine beyond belief and could never return to reg oils. I doubt
you can even find/buy paraffin-based oil, anymore.

nb

There is a common misconception about Paraffin-based oils and sludge
formation. Many crude oil based engine oils have Paraffin in them
and those oils do not cause sludge buildup in engines according to
some experts, others have a different opinion. I remember the oil
advertising for Pennsylvania grade crude oil which is high in paraffin.

Pro: http://www.yotarepair.com/sludge%20article.html

Con: http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Oils1.html

TDD