Dennis M. O'Connor

Default Compound Miter saw info and recommendation

"Mike O." wrote
I'm not looking for a slider, too much $$ for my wallet & my needs.

Dewalt 705S 12" compound miter saw. Commonly available, nice
accessories available, not too pricey. Very good ergonomics.
We've had one a decade, I think, and it still cuts clean and square.
$300 at Home Depot or Amazon, less when on sale.

We've occasionally considered upgrading the 705S (my other tools
include a Unisaw, a PM54A 6" longbed jointer, and so on: we can spend
some serious money on tools if we want) but never seen the need.
--
Dennis M. O'Connor
I've got two riding mowers: one is 1200lbs, the other 5000 lbs...