Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Volkswagens (was Rethinking "Made in China")

Do the presently employed teachers do a good job teaching
the liberal agenda? Be dumb. Be compliant. Fear global
warming. And, lets teach everyone how to have "safe" sex by
rolling a condom on a cucumber before going to town.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

FWIW, I have a friend who has a PhD in education, and is
retired, not
fired, so one can't claim that he is "disgruntled", who
shares the
opinion that the flaws in the system are inherent in the
educational
philosophy currently being taught in the colleges of
education, and
in the poltical tendency to require the schools to provide
more and
more social functions that are not rightly part of
education.

It's worse than you think.

In America, we do not have a single living Nobel laureate or
Fields
medalist, not even the president, who is qualified, by law,
to teach in the
schools of my state. No winner of the Pulitzer, Booker,
Hugo, Edgar,
Newberry, Caldecott or other literary prize. Nor can any of
the justices of
the Supreme Court stand in front of a classroom as a
teacher.

In my state, one can be certified to teach mathematics at
the high-school
level without ever having had a college course in Calculus.

Pitiful really.

Does anyone doubt that a retired Civil Engineer could teach
geometry off the
top of his head? Would you expect a retired nurse to be able
to instruct in
high school biology? And so on. Well, they can't.

Makes one want to weep.