Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Chrysler engines

On 12/18/2009 9:35 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
"Keith wrote in message
On 12/18/2009 8:34 AM, N8N wrote:

I had two slant sixes. One in a 1962 Plymouth and the other
in the most
terrible car ever built a 1976 Aspen. (I only got 200k
trouble free
miles on the engine, and there a few rattles as it
approached the 200k mark)

CY: What was wrong with the Aspen? Mine was a 1974 Dodge
Dart Swinger. Got 10.5 MPG, wouldn't run when it was wet.

I had trouble with the carburetor on the Aspen. When I made
a left turn
the car would die out for a second and then continue
normally. After
messing around with it for about a year an old mechanic told
me the
float was saturated with gas and replaced it. Never had a
problem after
that

CY: That mechanic was worth his weight in gold.

Question: Will your Craftsman table saw handle the rpm
produced by the
slant 6? :-

CY: Adjustable throttle, silly. Just don't rev it wide open
like a teenager.

Let me know how it works on your saw.

I had a 3 speed standard transmission on my slant six Aspen an got about
19 to 20 miles per gallon. About the same as today's cars of the same
weight and size.