Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Rethinking "Made in China"

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:10:14 -0800, David Nebenzahl wrote:
I had an old bus ('65 w/a Super Beetle engine) that I drove from coast
to coast. It finally died, but nearly everything bad that happened to it
was my fault, even though I otherwise took very good care of it.

Question: did they ever sell the truck version in the US? (think bus
but with most of the roof chopped off and a load bed in the back).

Couple of my uncles had those as farm trucks in the early 70s (because
they were cheap, easy to fix and they never needed them to be fast or
go long distances, I suppose). There can't have been many manufacturers
offering rear-engined pickups. Not seen one on the road for years, though.

cheers

Jules