Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default For once, I wish I lived somewhere icy

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 02:43:30 +0000, the infamous Christopher Tidy
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

P.S: I've heard that it snows in the UK about as much as it does in
Southern California. If I should ever wish to visit it, there is snow
on Mt. Ashland during the winter and spring, and that's within an
hour's drive of me here in Southern Oregon.

Yes, but the lack of snow is made up for by rain. I don't think that
happens in So. Cal., does it?

It's a desert. 15" a year. Well, in a monsoonal year, anyway.

It probably snows here once a year, but it doesn't last long.

Ditto here in So Oregon. We occasionally see flakes but it seldom
sticks around long enough to build up on surfaces (twice in my 7 years
here, IIRC.)

--
Indifference to evidence: Climate alarmists have become brilliantly
adept at changing their terms to suit their convenience. So it's