Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default OT - budgets

Huge
wibbled on Friday 18 December 2009 14:43

OK. so back to TimW's point. Can they kindly bet/trade with their own
money and not use savings I have entrusted to the banks.

And where do you imagine the interest the bank pays you on your savings
come from?

From lending my money to its other customers via bank loans and mortgages,
both potentially relatively safe if the bank sticks with basic tried and
tested rules.

If I wanted to play poker, I would be asking the bank about high risk high
yield funds, not its basic savings with a modicum of interest accounts.

No one had much sympathy for the Lloyds Names when things went tits up after
the storms of 87. They *knew* they were in a high risk high returns game.

Little Granny Smith with her life savings in a few % ordinary savings
account expects security and reliability.

Cheers

Tim

--
Tim Watts