Posted to alt.home.repair
Grumpy[_2_] Grumpy[_2_] is offline

Default Experience with high efficiency boilers

"Bob Walsh" wrote in message
roups.com...
Bob Walsh had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...rs-395314-.htm
:
Condensing boilers are the most efficient boilers on the market. They
allow huge energy savings compared to conventional boiler versions, and
there are countries beginning to require the use of boilers to be of the
condensing type. Conventional boilers convert 60% or less of their fuel
into heat. The efficiency of new condensing boilers are above 90%. Talk
about huge energy savings. How condensing boilers works Condensing boilers
are named such because they "condense" the exhaust gases or the water
vapor present in those gases, extracting heat from it and reusing it in
the process, instead of letting gases and water vapor get away through the
flue.

Hi Bob

As you may or may not know that I am not HVAC person,

However I am Environmental test Equipment Tech.

I am interested how this works. It seems to me what you are

Saying that this boiler reusing its own discharge gases by looping

It back into combustion chamber m'I assuming these correctly

Or m'I all wet?

The secret of these boilers is based on their brilliant designs, which are
the larger heat exchangers. Heat exchangers ensure maximum heat
extraction, and eventually, minimal losses of gases.
There are some restrictions concerning the type of condensing boiler, all
depending on your existing heating system at home.

This is where you will require the expert advice and services of a
registered boiler engineer. Installation should be done by a qualified
boiler engineer who is gas safe registered as they will able to advise you
on the best type of the condensing boiler fit for your home.