Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
N8N N8N is offline

Default Chrysler engines

On Dec 17, 10:23*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Mine were electronic (they went electronic after 1974). I
liked being able to set timing on the 225 CID with a 7/16
socket on the end of an extension, and a timing light. The
318 was a pain, I may still have my 12 point distributor
wrench. 9/16 was it?

The one slant six I had, I screwed up and got the wrong
plugs, one time. I had to troubleshoot and replace two
plugs. Under a bridge, in Wyoming, with about 40 or 50 MPH
wind from the west.

I remember my Mopars being very moisture sensetive. Even
knowing the module ground and all, somtimes they just didn't
want to start if there was some humidity around. Or rain the
day before.

I remember when I was a real little kid my dad had an old beater
Valiant - I think it was a '64 or thereabouts. He was always having
problems with the carburetor on it... years later I dated a girl with
a '69, that car had a Holley 1bbl and it too had issues. Replaced the
carb with a Carter and it ran splendiferously ever after. Only
problems with it after that point were a ballast resistor that failed,
and the fact that the points would burn just about every 9 mos. like
clockwork (maybe due to a off spec replacement ballast?) then she had
to have the head redone because she didn't adjust the valves (probably
ever) and burned one. Other than that it was a very reliable car,
wish I had it today.

nate