Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Volkswagens (was Rethinking "Made in China")

Long after my poor Superbeetle had seen its prime, I was at work
one day when I received a call that a nursing home we'd financed
was in dire financial straits. I summoned an attorney from our
legal pool and we almost immediately headed off for the abandon
nursing home and its several hundred patients in the old VW. My
wife packed a suitcase for me, and the attorney's wife did one for
him.

We spent a couple weeks in the town accomplishing some good work,
then it was time to turn the place over to a receiver and head
home.
1) The VW was so old that its air cooled heater was merely a
memory
2) The VW was so "broken in" that it had no gasket around the
doors and rain/snow blew in around the doors.
3) The VW's gas gauge was just a memory
4) The VW's interior was colder than Billy Hell in a Michigan
winter storm.

Given that, imagine running out of gas on I-68 about 1/2 mile
outside of Marshall MI in a big snowstorm.

There are a couple further tales to tell about this story, but
I'll leave that for a future post.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.