Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default Chrysler engines

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Mine were electronic (they went electronic after 1974). I
liked being able to set timing on the 225 CID with a 7/16
socket on the end of an extension, and a timing light. The
318 was a pain, I may still have my 12 point distributor
wrench. 9/16 was it?

The one slant six I had, I screwed up and got the wrong
plugs, one time. I had to troubleshoot and replace two
plugs. Under a bridge, in Wyoming, with about 40 or 50 MPH
wind from the west.

I remember my Mopars being very moisture sensetive. Even
knowing the module ground and all, somtimes they just didn't
want to start if there was some humidity around. Or rain the
day before.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"LDosser" wrote in message

I had several with the 225 slant six and one with the 318.
Did most of my
own work on them and all tune ups. Only thing I didn't like
was setting the
points on the slant six (exhaust header burns on fore arm)
and trying to
start either if a neighborhood dog peed within a block or so
while the
engine was turning over ...

Wrong site Cris This is a woodworkers site. WW