Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default is pex piping close to outside wall a good idea in a cold climate?

William wrote the following:
Hi.
I live in Minneapolis and just bought a new house.
On the first cold winter night, no water came out of the upstairs
bathroom cold faucet.
The pipe, I discovered, is really close to an outside wall.
I was wondering if replacing the copper pipe with pex pipe would be a
good solution.

thanks a lot,

William

Is there insulation in the outside wall? If it is the fiberglass bats,
or any other insulation, it should be between the outside wall and the
pipes.That way, it will get the heat from the inside living space rather
than the outside air.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY