Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Stall Shower vs Big Vanity

"dgk" wrote

House has 1 1/2 baths. The main one is small (11x5) and has a stall
shower and separate tub. One way or another the bathroom is going to
get redone. I wouldn't have a problem using the tub as a shower and
using the space the stall shower takes up to put in a big sink/vanity
like the Significant Other wants, but several friends say that a
separate shower is a big convenience and selling point. Apparently
many people won't consider buying a house without a stall shower.

In a 12x40 tract home, loss of the shower as a separate stall is not a big
issue. Loss of the tub (with added shower head) *is*. You have only a sink
and toilet in the other one.

I won't even stay more than one night in a hotel, without a tub. Given a
choice, based on the space, I'd keep the stall and the tub and SO that the
sink can only be (measure, add size) bigger. If SO's desires meet yours,
remove stall and put in bigger vanity.

Note almost every reply you got was from guys who take showers almost
exclusively. I may as well sometimes, but I want the option and use the tub
2-3 times a week. So does Hubby and daughter.