Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Earth the car?

In article ,
D.M.Chapman dmc@puffin. wrote:
While wandering up the highstreet in Canterbury yesterday, I noticed a
mobile police station that had a 240v inlet. Above it was a large
sticker describing all the earthing setup that was required before use.

Would have taken a photo but it was snowing and they appeared busy with a
rather "happy" guy from the pub so I passed them by...

Might be worth a look should you come across something similar

That sort of thing is likely to have 13 amp etc sockets within it. So
'caravan' type regs would apply. Working in TV, I've seen plenty of trucks
that have 240 volt circuits within them - and it's usual to fit a CU with
full RCD protection. But a bit overkill for what I'm doing.

--
*It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.