Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic Michael Koblic is offline

Default Grizzly G0602

This is a 10x22 lathe with speed changes effected by moving v-belts:

http://cdn1.grizzly.com/manuals/g0602_m.pdf

What puzzles me that there seems to be no way to relieve the tension of the
high speed belt to move it from groove to groove. I had a look at the
non-Grizzly clone today (trust me, it's identical) and could not work out
how to move that belt except by forcing it (the slow speed belt has a
tensioner which can be relaxed). Neither BTW could anyone else present.

I thought this was a no-no, bad for the belts. Can anyone comment?

--
Michael Koblic
Campbell River, BC