Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Celing material for garage? (Drop ceiling or soffit)

On Dec 17, 11:31�am, stryped wrote:

I asked the truss manufacturere about that. He said that putting wood
joists between the current trusses would not change the amount of
weight the trusses were designed to support.-

Of course they would say that. Ok, to overcome that: cut 1/2" plywood
into 3-1/2" wide strips 8' long. Glue and screw them on the sides of
the trusses. Then run a 2x4 from the center of the truss to the top.
That will increase their load capacity by about 10 times.

I know you won't do this, but it is one way to do it.

Hank ~~~~thinks there is a solution to every problem