Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default 220 V table saws and ground

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:55:30 -0600, Swingman wrote:

Pat Barber wrote:

Swingman wrote:

The Gulf Coast desperately needs a change to underground electrical
infrastructure due to the historical and ever present hurricane threat.

In every house I build I try mightily to install an underground feed
from the pole/line to the new service even though it adds +/- $1k to
the cost, location and municipal building requirements permitting.

In North Carolina, you would be hard pressed to NOT
find a underground service. They made that the standard
here well over 30 years ago.

IL, NY, and VT, too. Not sure when they did it in AL (we've only been
here a year) but all the new developments are underground.

Then you have much better politicians then we have ... assuming that
there is such a thing as a "better politician", of course?

Bad assumption. Underground utilities aren't coming out of the
politicians pockets either. Politicians never care about unfunded
mandates.