Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default For once, I wish I lived somewhere icy

"axolotl" wrote in message
On 12/17/2009 7:02 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

Did he fish for stripers or bluefish?g Say "Atlantic Highlands," and
that's what I think of. 'Fish on the brain, especially in this rotten
cold
weather...

Let's try this again.

Recorded history is silent on the subject of these two authors and their
fish. During the time described one could probably eat the fish that could
be caught in the nearby waters. Moreover, a plethora of writers, from
Melville to Hemingway to Brautigan, have shown the intimate relationship
between authors and the slimy denizens of the deep.

There must be some connection.

Clearly, one sees here strong circumstantial evidence pointing to both
wetting a line. But there is a more important question here- stripers or
bluefish? It is possible, both men being non-native, that they would try
to snare these species. Locals know that stripers or bluefish are only
good for feeding to the cat. It is more likely that as authors, they were
attracted to the bottom dwelling types.

Ha. A fluke eater, eh? Or blackfish? g

And for large metal apparatus and the Hardy Boys, I had my wedding
reception in the building that has "The Disappearing Floor".

Kevin Gallimore