Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default IR reflective thermometer

"Buerste" wrote:

Can I use one of there for my lead pot and casting molds? I see them for as
little as $30 or do I have to spend more? Or should I get a contact
thermometer? Or try to find my thermocouple digital one?(buried in "The
Move")

I'm not currently casting due to a lack of lead. I use an immersion probe and a Omega
temp controller with a relay to control my lead pot.

I have a feeling thata IR thermometer would give you a reference value. Both on the top
of melt and molds.

That might be numbers that ties to nothing else but works for you in finding a sweet spot
in casting.

I have both but when I get back in action, casting wise, I'll look up this thread and add
what I learn.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller