Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Earth the car?

In article ,
Tim W wrote:
(As I said, I intended the SY flex to connect between the mains supply
and a recepticle in the car - but as we're starting to discuss the case
of modifying a Class II device, then why not - it's interesting.)

If we reduce the argument further, noone should put a plug on a class I
device because they might wire it incorrectly?

I'll just add, this is a "friendly argument" AFAIC as there's no way for
you to deduce that from the tone of my tapping ;-

The mains lead twixt 13 amp socket and Buccaneer inlet will be 1mm TRS.
The back of the chassis plug covered by a strong plastic box with a side
exit stuffing gland which the supplied mains lead on the charger will come
out of - a distance of only a few inches. Likely behind the boot carpet -
although that's not yet decided.

--
*What was the best thing before sliced bread? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.