Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default stereo earphone plug "widens" jack: how to fix (replace=impossible)

"GregS" wrote in message

I have problems with plugs and jack all the time. I fixed
an Apple laptop
this year with bad connections to board. It all had to
come apart
to fix. I plug a cheap set of phones into the computer
the other day
and no sound. Wet the plug with saliva and it worked fine.

I suspect a goodly number of the USB audio interfaces in use exist are used
simply to bypass a mangled earphone jack.

One thing I've found is that right-angle plugs put less stress on those
minature headphone jacks. Neutrik has a right-angle 3.5 mm plug that is IME
one of the best around. Less than $5.