Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Four questions about actual antennas and installation

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 07:50:06 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

No snow or ghosts, but that last thing is NOT true. Maybe you've never
experienced a variable (and SOMETIMES adequate) signal. The picture
becomes a mess of oversize pixels and the audio turns into
"bip....bup....bop......" (erratic semi-vocal noises).

I havne't gotten any noises, but I've certainly gotten checkerboards.

The noises are actually parts of words, when the signal doesn't stay
on long enough for a whole word.

Oh, yeah, those noises I have gotten.

Last night again -- this has only been happening for the last two days
-- the picture went out just as the hero and villain had their guns on
each other. Picture came back 3 seconds later and they were still both
alive but running away.