Christian McArdle

Default Loft conversion joists

I am stripping the roof. Do I need the counter battens. Counter battens
may raise my roof tiles above my neighbours since I'm in an end terrace.

I don't believe so, although I'm only going on what I read in the link. It
basically seems to be saying that if you want to use battens, then the
sarking membrane goes under them. If you want to use a sheet of plywood
instead, then the membrane goes above (presumably to protect the plywood,
which would otherwise be at risk, unlike battens, which would drain off onto
the membrane pretty easily and be ventilated).

Christian.