Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Drywall taping garage question

On Dec 16, 7:15*am, stryped wrote:
I have a detached garage that is 30x30 with 10 foot ceiligns that was
just built. The outside is metal and standard stud walls in the inside
with 2 feet on center studs for the most part.

I am debating drying to drywall the walls myself. I bought a drywall
book and have been reading it.

snip

Toss your new book right now and download "Gypsum Construction
Handbook" in pdf format. Read all the 300+ pages and get the real
skinny on what's right and wrong. That encyclopedia from USG, IIRC,
trumps any and all opinions in this NG.
There are pro wallboard hangers out there that have always done things
wrong, but they never know about it because they don't see the poor
results obvious years later. Same thing I suppose with the DIY folks,
except they live with it unless they quickly peddle the palace.

Joe