Posted to alt.home.repair
Heathcliff Heathcliff is offline

Default Stairwell skylight with air grills/vents question

On Dec 16, 9:03*am, Mikepier wrote:
The picture is not the actual skylight. I do not have the grating. The
grills are on perimeter base , you can only see them from the outside.
I tried googling an image, but that was the closest I turned up.
This might be a better picture.http://www.bbsheetmetal.com/images/p...1152/p1152.jpg
Again, I have no grating, but the grills I have are all along the
perimeter of the base. This one does not have any obviously, but it
could have a vent under the cap.

The vents might have some marginal benefit in the summer when the
weather is hot, if that applies to your location. Have you checked
whether there is a way to open and close them?