Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
evodawg[_2_] evodawg[_2_] is offline

Default Home Depot 1/4" Lag Screw

SMS wrote:

Jon Danniken wrote:

Be careful what you build with the fasteners you buy from the bulk bin at
Home Depot.

Okay, then it's not just me that has that problem with lag bolts from
Home Depot. I've become anal about drilling pilot holes that are long
enough and large enough diameter to deal with these crappy lag bolts.

Where can you buy good quality lag bolts though?

I really doubt that you can these days since they're all made in CHINA. I
called one of the suppliers for a specialty screw and asked them about
where their products are made, you can guess what his reply was. He also
told me that there is not any fasteners made in the US anymore. Unless it's
made for the Military.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"