Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Earth the car?

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Dave Osborne pretended :
No. If the battery charger is double insulated, then the only issue is
preventing the chassis becoming live from a fault on the mains cable.
Cover the mains lead in plastic conduit and ensure that it can't
chafe or snag on anything. Make sure you plug in to an RCD-protected
supply.

I do it the other way around...

Lidl charger is in a bracket, up in the garage roof, with a 12v cable
fitted with a ciggy plug dangling down to car. As I park, I pull the
ciggy plug in and plug it in. The ciggy socket has to be the type which
is on all the time, which depends upon the car.

That's fine if you have a garage...

--
*Why 'that tie suits you' but 'those shoes suit you'?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.