Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.audio.tech
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default stereo earphone plug "widens" jack: how to fix (replace=impossible)

On 15 Dec 2009 20:46:28 -0500, (David Combs) wrote:

Subj: stereo earphone plug "widens" jack: how to fix (replace=impossible)

Problem with mini-jacks (TRS) for headphones: after a bit of use, seems like
the female part ("jack"?) widens-out inside somewhere, making for a lousy
connection between the radio or walkman (ancient word) or mp3-player
and the earphones. Off on off on bzzz off etc. HORRIBLE LISTENING (if you can
call it "listening"!)

Power connectors to that too. I've had cell phones and laptop
computers that became unusable because of that.

[snip]

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"How could you ask me to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster